Zainabia Islamic Education Center Youth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zainabia Islamic Education Center Youth

A forum for Islamic Discussion and Activities for the ZIEC Youth of Atlanta, GA

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interaction with other Muslim Youth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mshirazi

mshirazi

Number of posts : 154
Birthday : October 14 1988
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Interaction with other Muslim Youth Empty
PostSubject: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2007, 12:14 am

One thing that we should consider in our long term goals is interacting with other youth groups within Metro Atlanta, and across the nation.

Inshallah, we can learn much from other Youths who have accomplished quite alot.

Most of the stuff that I will be posting on this forum is from another forum of the Al-Ajal Youth of Zainabia - Detroit, MI. their URL is www.al-ajal.org For now they are a boys only forum and mashallah they are very active.

There is also:
Jaferiya Youth - Washington, DC
Al-Qasim Youth - Houston, TX
Al-Ajal Youth - Detroit, MI
Al-Mahdi Youth - San Jose, CA
Back to top Go down
https://gsu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1114260207
shazad

shazad

Number of posts : 76
Birthday : February 16, 1993
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2007, 4:46 pm

we talk to muslim youth at sunday school and at zainabia all the time
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=655765091
Ali
Administrator
Ali

Number of posts : 119
Birthday : June 8, 1991
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2007, 12:07 am

I think he means 'the big picture', Shazad.
US-wide is cool, but maybe we should see if any of the centers around here (tha ATL) have youth groups, too.
Back to top Go down
Ailyaa

Ailyaa

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2007, 5:56 pm

dar-e-abbas has a youth group, they're actually very productive. they have a newspaper that goes out the first friday of each month and is written by adults and kids of the group...but the writing pretty much sucks...in a good way(?)
Back to top Go down
Ali
Administrator
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2007, 8:14 pm

That's a cool idea. We could write columns about current events, stuff we want to get done, etc.
And hopefully ours will be a little less bland since some of us are particularly good with the English language.
How do they manage this feat of literature, exactly?
Back to top Go down
Ailyaa

Ailyaa

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2007, 12:57 am

well i dont really know how they print it...but their articles were really....diverse

there was an article summarizing a civil war diary book (i didnt see the connection between civil war and islam, but ok),islamic books, a kid's trip to six flags ( scratch ), and something about hijab. my favorite was the trivia at the end right next to the crossword puzzle
Back to top Go down
Ali
Administrator
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 1:40 am

Yeah, I was more concerned about the printing.
Back to top Go down
mshirazi

mshirazi

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 1:50 am

for starters, it could be electronic.
Email it out through the zainabia database.
For money... we could advertise.
Back to top Go down
shazad

shazad

Number of posts : 76
Birthday : February 16, 1993
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2007, 10:16 pm

Jafri Center has a youth group we should interact with them
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=655765091
Ali
Administrator
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2007, 10:40 pm

Let's compile a list of ways we can get in touch with Jafari Center and Dar-e-Abbas. Do they have any websites/forums/facebook groups etc.?

Also, on the printing issue, I think electronic would work, but we'd have to get the ZIEC management people to give us an e-mail list. Also, I think it would look more professional on paper. To reach a Clay though, I'd say we should use electronic newsletters (monthly, possibly) in every month except Muharram and Ramadhan, when we could print 2 newsletters per month.
Back to top Go down
mshirazi

mshirazi

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2007, 11:43 pm

whoa... sounds like a good idea but with the level we are at now, we shouldnt anticipate more than we can handle.

If you guys really want to do it... let's go! I'm gonna start another thread called Newsletter.
Back to top Go down
mshirazi

mshirazi

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2007, 11:44 pm

I know most of the guys at Dar-e-Abbas... and for starters I am trying to just invite them to as many events as I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interaction with other Muslim Youth   Interaction with other Muslim Youth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interaction with other Muslim Youth
Page 1 of 1